Thread: SD Drop reasons?

Post Thanks / Like
    Credits

SD Drop reasons?

Can anyone explain to me why SD drops are higher when SDCCH are configured in CHGR 1 and 2. I've noticed that when i configured all my SDCCH in CHGR 0, SD drop decreased thus improving CSSR. Is there any logical explanation for this? I did this in almost all the BSCs I handled and i've noticed significant improvement in SD drops overall.

By the way, equipment is Ericsson.

Thanks in advance!

Similar Threads:

2. Minimum 5G Requirements
    CQI PMI and RI - LTE Quality Indicators
    Difference between PUCCH and PUSCH
    LTE Device Ecosystem - July 2017
    Why VoLTE finally being rolled out ?
    Level 1 Users
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    Hi Patch8,
    check how many frequecies you are using in chgr 0. Probably the frequecy re-use is larger to chg 0 and in this case frequency colision is supossed to be lower.

Level 1 Users
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    Patch8,
    Are you working on an Ericsson system?, If yes, what release of BSS have you in your network, Why? Well because I have that problem too and is dificult when you have many SDCCH in a sector or cell because you only have 6 TS on CHGR 0 and sometimes it don't work well beca tuse when you see the RLCRP you don't have all the SDCCHs that you configured and with the commando RXCDP you will see that the TS is UNUSED. If you have BSS 12 or newer check if the reason is CLUNDROP because some people is concerned about that reason of SDCCH DROP.

I have and olver version BSS 08 and I'm asking for newer version in order to get more counters like CLUNDROP to see if that is the reason and then make changes in order to reduce that, at this time I'm moving the SDCCHs to CHGR 0 like you because is true that the KPI is better with that solution but I don't get comfortable with that. If I find a solution I'll tell you, Best regards,

5. Thanks telecominfo thanked for this post
    Level 1 Users
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits
    It can be due to traffic increase,congestion.In that case you have to increase SD block or upgrade TRX number with adding more SD block.